TERMS of Sale
These Terms of Sale, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which DUG Products are sold by Us to consumers through this website shop.dugdrinks.com (“Our Site”). Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any DUG Products from Our Site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Sale when ordering DUG Products. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to order DUG Products through Our Site. These Terms of Sale, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms of Sale, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Contract”||means a contract for the purchase and sale of DUG Products, as explained in Clause 7;|
|“DUG Products”||means the products sold by Us through Our Site;|
|“Order”||means your order for DUG Products;|
|“Order Confirmation”||means our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;|
|“Order Number”||means the reference number for your Order; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Veg of Lund UK Limited, a company registered in England under company number 11783888, whose registered address is at Parkshot House, 5 Kew Road, Richmond, United Kingdom, TW9 2PR trading as ‘Dug Drinks’.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Veg of Lund UK Limited, a company registered in England under company number 11783888, whose registered address is at Parkshot House, 5 Kew Road, Richmond, United Kingdom, TW9 2PR. Our VAT number is 322670423.
- DUG is a Swedish brand with its roots in science and research by Professor Eva Tornberg at Lund university. It’s where Our patented emulsion technology was developed, and where We continue to develop new ways to harness the power of potatoes. Our plant-based drinks are currently sold in stores in Sweden and the UK.
- The DUG brand is a registered trademark owned by Veg of Lund AB.
- Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Business Customers
These Terms of Sale apply to consumers only and do not apply to customers purchasing DUG Products in the course of business.
- International Customers
Please note that We currently deliver within the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the European Union.
- DUG Products, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of DUG Products available from Us correspond to the actual DUG Products that you will receive. Please note, however, the following:
- Images of DUG Products are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays, lighting conditions, and the fact that foodstuffs will naturally vary in appearance;
- Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of DUG Products may vary.
- Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct DUG Products, not to different DUG Products altogether. Please refer to Clause 10 if you receive incorrect DUG Products (i.e. DUG Products that are not as described).
- All DUG Product descriptions provided on Our Site include a full list of ingredients and nutritional information. We will also indicate where a product is suitable for vegetarian and/or vegan customers. Please always check the details on the packaging before using the DUG Product. It is especially important to check suitability for special diets. If there is a possibility of an allergic reaction, please contact your doctor directly if you have any doubts concerning the nature of product ingredients or if you suspect that you may be allergic to the ingredients.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of DUG Products available from Us correspond to the actual DUG Products that you will receive. Please note, however, the following:
DUG Products are free from the following.
- Milk or lactose;
- Other nuts;
- Sesame seeds;
- Soya or soybeans;
- We cannot guarantee that all DUG Products will always be available. Stock indications are not provided on Our Site.
- Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain DUG Products between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and dispatching the DUG Products, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the DUG Products and will not normally affect your use or enjoyment of those DUG Products. However, if any change is made that would affect your use or enjoyment of the DUG Products, suitable information will be provided to you.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed (please note sub-Clause 6.9 regarding VAT, however).
- All prices are checked by Us before We accept your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your Order, we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your Order. If the correct price is higher, We will give you the option to purchase the DUG Products at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part of it). We will not proceed with processing your Order in this case until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 7 days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of this in writing.
- In the event that the price of DUG Products you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
- All prices on Our Site include VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- For more information on delivery charges, please refer to Our Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
- Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- If, during the order process, you provide Us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact Us as soon as possible. If We are unable to process your Order due to incorrect or incomplete information, We will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of Our request, We will cancel your Order and treat the Contract as being at an end. If We incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, We may pass those costs on to you.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Your Order Number;
- Confirmation of the DUG Products ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those DUG Products; and
- Fully itemised pricing for the DUG Products ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges.
- In the unlikely event that We do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order for any reason, We will explain why in writing. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 5 calendar days.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 7 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the DUG Products.
- Payment for DUG Products and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process. Your chosen payment method will not be charged until We dispatch your DUG Products.
- We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- Delivery, Risk and Ownership
- Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday will be dispatched the next working day.
- All DUG Products purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within 2 to 3 calendar days after the date of Our Order Confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the Order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of Our control, for which see Clause 13).
- All UK Orders are dispatched via YODEL & DHL (both options are available at the checkout stage). Note: Orders to Scottish Highlands will be shipped via YODEL by default, and Channel Islands via DHL. European orders are dispatched via DHL’s Road service. We do however reserve the right to change carrier.
- Where a proof delivery is received, all Orders will be deemed as delivered in good condition, and no compensation will be offered in the event of any non-delivery/damage claim unless reported to Us within 24 hours of claimed delivery/receipt. In the event of damage, photographic evidence will be required to support your claim, and this includes images of any outer packaging. No compensation will be offered in the event of an incorrect delivery address being supplied, and, once your Order has been dispatched from Our warehouse no change of delivery address can be accepted. In this instance your delivery will be returned to Our warehouse (where possible), and additional shipping charges will apply.
- All online orders are dispatched directly from Our fulfilment warehouse.
- If the Order cannot be fulfilled by your selected delivery company and We cannot contact you or arrange redelivery or collection, We will treat the Contract as cancelled and recover the DUG Products. If this happens, you will be refunded the purchase price of the DUG Products themselves, but not the cost of delivery. We may also bill you for any reasonable additional cost that we incur in recovering the DUG Products.
- In the unlikely event that We fail to deliver the DUG Products within 30 calendar days of Our Order Confirmation (or as otherwise agreed or specified as under sub-Clause 9.1), if any of the following apply you may treat the Contract as being at an end immediately:
- We have refused to deliver your DUG Products; or
- In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential; or
- You told Us when ordering the DUG Products that delivery within that time period was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel under sub-Clause 9.7 or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date. If We fail to meet the new deadline, you may then treat the Contract as being at an end.
- You may cancel all or part of your Order under sub-Clauses 9.7 or 9.8 provided that separating the DUG Products in your Order would not significantly reduce their value. Any sums that you have already paid for cancelled DUG Products and their delivery will be refunded to you within 5 calendar days. Please note that if any cancelled DUG Products are delivered to you, you must return them to Us or arrange with Us for their collection. In either case, We will bear the cost of returning the cancelled DUG Products.
- Delivery shall be deemed complete and the responsibility for the DUG Products will pass to you once We have delivered the DUG Products to the address including, where relevant, any alternative address you have provided.
- Ownership of the DUG Products passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
- Any refunds due under this Clause 9 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the DUG Products.
- Problems with the DUG Products
- By law, We must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided.
- If any DUG Products you have purchased do not comply as stated above and, for example, are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) DUG Products, please contact Us at email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 5 calendar days to inform Us of the problem, and to arrange for a refund or replacement.
- To return DUG Products to Us for any reason under this Clause 10, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a collection and return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning DUG Products under this Clause 10 and will reimburse you where appropriate.
- Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause 10 will be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
- Any and all refunds issued under this Clause 10 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the DUG Products were originally purchased.
- Refunds under this Clause 10 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the DUG Products.
- For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- You may cancel an Order (and receive a full refund of any sums already paid) at any time before we dispatch your DUG Products by email to email@example.com. Orders cannot be cancelled after this time or once they have been dispatched.
- To contact Us directly to cancel, please use the following details:
In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number.
- We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our products and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
- Please note that, due to the perishable nature of the DUG Products that we sell, you will not have a right to cancel under the 14 day “cooling-off” period given to consumers under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. You may cancel after receiving DUG Products if there is a problem with them, as set out in Clause 10, but you cannot cancel merely because you have changed your mind.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 11 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel your Order.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the DUG Products.
- Our Liability to Consumers
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms of Sale (or the Contract) or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We only supply products for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the DUG Products are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 13 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms of Sale:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay;
- To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, Our affected obligations under these Terms of Sale (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of DUG Products as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 14 days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and continues for more than 14 days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, please contact Us directly to cancel, using the following details:
In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 5 calendar days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.
- Communication and Contact Details
If you wish to contact Us with either: general questions or complaints; matters relating to the DUG Products or your Order; or matters relating to cancellations you may contact Us by telephone at: 02038691794, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us in one of the following ways:
- By email, marked for the attention of Graham Stonadge, addressed to email@example.com;
- By contacting Us by telephone on 02038691794.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Sale will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Sale will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Sale are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Sale. The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms of Sale means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Sale means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms of Sale as they relate to your Order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you will be affected by them and are not happy with them.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 18.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales